Thursday, August 20, 2015

WELCOME BACK!  I hope you all had a wonderful summer as I know I did.  The first day of school seemed to go well.  I had a chance to work with some of our kindergartners today during their phase-in.  I also had a chance to see many of my students at lunch and in the hallways.  I will be continuing to conduct screenings on our kindergarten students through next week.  I will be touching base with all of my students next week.  I have some great things planned this year including several social skills groups, a classroom language circle and language group for students in Mrs. Shingleton's room, intervention groups, 1-1 and group therapy, and collaboration time. I welcome my student teacher Mallory Logan, who will be with us until December.

Mrs. Shingleton's Language Circle & Language Group
August/September Theme: Back to School/Apples
Skills Addressed : Thematic Vocabulary
                              WH questions
                              Story Sequencing
                              AAC
                              Following Directions
                              Categories
                              Social Skills
                             

Social Skills Groups:
Theme:Friendship Basics
            * Introduction to Social Skills
            * Behavior Expectations
            * Introducing Yourself
            * Getting to Know Each Other
            * What is a Friend?
            * Filling Buckets
            * Giving and Receiving Compliments

Next Theme: Conversation Skills

No comments:

Post a Comment